Entries to the Mercedes-Benz Tourismo Eco Champ online competition (www.mercedes-benz-bus.com/eco-champ) and the management of such entries are subject to the following rules.
§ 1 Competition
The competition is operated by EvoBus GmbH, Mercedesstrasse 127/6, 70327 Stuttgart, Germany (henceforth: EvoBus).
§ 2 Entry
(1) Entry is open to drivers working for customers of Evobus, its subsidiaries and authorised sales partners based within the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
(2) Eligibility for entry depends upon use of one of the following four new Mercedes-Benz Tourismo models: Tourismo, Tourismo M/2, Tourismo M/3, Tourismo L.
(3) To enter the competition, the online form on the website must be completed in full and truthfully. The supporting photo must meet the following guidelines: the chassis number, the mileage and the average fuel consumption in absolute figures (l/100km) must be visible. The vehicle marque, in the form of the Mercedes star on the steering wheel, must also be identifiable. Submission of any photo which does not meet these guidelines will lead to immediate disqualification. By uploading the supporting photo you are confirming that you own the necessary copyright or other rights (e.g. publishing rights) to the image.
(4) The entrant holds sole responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided during the process of registering for the Tourismo Eco Champ competition. The application and/or the registration form must be received within the time limit shown under § 4 (1). Adherence to this deadline will be determined by the electronically recorded receipt of the submission to EvoBus.
(5) Employees of Daimler AG and EvoBus GmbH or of their subsidiaries and authorised sales partners, and the immediate families of any of these parties, are not eligible to enter the competition.
(6) In entering the competition, it is essential that all personal details provided are truthful. Should this prove not to be the case, disqualification as per § 3 may follow.
(7) No further costs will be incurred by entering the competition.
§ 3 Disqualification from the competition
(1) In the event of any contravention of these conditions of entry, EvoBus reserves the right to disqualify individuals from the competition.
(2) Any entrant making use of unauthorised means or otherwise gaining, or attempting to gain, advantage through manipulation will also be disqualified. In such cases, prizes may also be retrospectively disallowed and claimed back, where applicable.
(3) Multiple entries in the competition are not possible. EvoBus reserves the right to exclude any entrants identified as making double submissions and their datasets from the competition.
(4) Any entrant providing false personal information may be disqualified from the competition.
§ 4 Organisation and timeline
(1) The competition will begin on 31 July 2019 and end on 31 October 2019 (competition period).
(2) The winner, for each model, will be the driver who achieves the lowest average fuel consumption (l/100km) over a minimum distance of 3000 km. There will be one winner per model.
(3) Each of the four winners will receive a Mercedes-Benz mountain bike worth €1679.90 (current RRP), a Mercedes-Benz bicycle helmet worth €59.90 and a Fitbit Charge 3 fitness tracker worth €149.95.
(4) EvoBus will notify the winners by telephone or email within 14 days of the end of the competition period. The winner agrees that their supporting photo, along with their name, country of origin, company and details of the Tourismo model driven, may be used for media reporting and promotional purposes. This does not constitute a payment obligation on the part of EvoBus.
(5) Any claim to a prize becomes invalid if the personal circumstances of the winner should preclude the prize being handed over within six months of the winner first receiving notification of their win.
(6) The item shown as the prize in the context of the competition is not necessarily identical with the item actually presented. Variations in terms of the model, colour, etc. are possible.
(7) The handover of the physical prize to the winner will take place, at the discretion of EvoBus, at the premises of the winner's company, at EvoBus headquarters or at that of its local subsidiary.
(8) A cash payment as an alternative to the prizes is not possible.
§ 5 Early termination of the competition
If the competition, for reasons outside the control of EvoBus, cannot be run as planned, EvoBus reserves the right to terminate, change or temporarily suspend the competition completely or partially and without prior notice. In such an event, the entrant has no right of redress against EvoBus.
§ 6 Data protection
EvoBus shall process the personal data of entrants collected in the context of the competition only to the extent required in order to run and implement the competition. Further information about data protection matters is available on our website www.mercedes-benz-bus.com under the heading "Provider/data protection".
§ 7 Liability
(1) The handover of the prize releases EvoBus from all obligations, unless an earlier date is stipulated in these provisions.
(2) EvoBus can accept liability only for such damages as are caused by EvoBus or one of its vicarious agents as a consequence of deliberate action, gross negligence or a breach of key contractual obligations. This restriction does not apply in the case of damages resulting from loss of life, personal injury or damage to health.
EvoBus can accept no liability for any loss of data, particularly that incurred during the transmission of data, or other technical issues.
§ 8 Miscellaneous
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany only shall apply. All decisions shall be final.
§ 9 Note with respect to § 36 Act on Dispute Resolution in Consumer Matters
EvoBus will not participate in a dispute settlement procedure before a consumer conciliation body within the meaning of the above Act, nor is it obliged to do so.