Expertise for the future: The Competence Center for Emission-free Mobility (KEM) in Mannheim is celebrating its 25th anniversary – preparations for the series production of battery packs are gaining speed.
Stuttgart / Mannheim, December 17, 2019
- A quarter of a century of prototypes, small-series production runs and series start-ups of low-emission and emission-free vehicles in Mannheim
- Series production of battery packs for the eActros and eCitaro benefits from an experienced team
- Dr. Frank Reintjes, Head of Global Powertrain, E-Mobility and Production Planning at Daimler Truck AG: "At Daimler Trucks & Buses, we are pursuing a sustainable business strategy with the aim of CO2-neutral road transportation. This can only be realised using electric commercial vehicles with a battery or fuel cell drive. We're constantly developing both of these technologies to series production: we will launch battery-powered trucks onto the market from 2021 onwards, followed by hydrogen drives by the end of the 2020s."
- Andreas Moch, Head of the Mercedes-Benz plant in Mannheim: "It's very important for us to rapidly implement innovations in the production of new drive technologies and to introduce them into series production. And that's exactly KEM's area of expertise and competence. Especially in the current transformation of the automotive industry, this is of utmost importance."
- Georg Klohr, Head of the Competence Center for Emission-Free Mobility: "In the past twenty-five years, we've gained a considerable amount of experience with a variety of technologies. With this knowledge, we are very well positioned for the future. Already today, each Daimler vehicle with an alternative drive system also contains a piece of KEM's expertise. And that's something we're very proud of!"
Series production of battery packs and systems "Made in Mannheim".
Daimler will continue to rely on the Competence Center in the future.
A success story with a secure future – the Competence Center for Emission-Free Mobility.
Mannheim – a Daimler Truck AG production site that is steeped in tradition.
Record for Mercedes-Benz: 55,555 Citaro buses produced. And the anniversary bus is an eCitaro destined for Sweden.
Stuttgart, 28 November 2019
- Mercedes-Benz Citaro: a milestone in bus history
- Exclusively equipped: the eCitaro anniversary bus
- The breath-taking story of the Mercedes-Benz Citaro
Mercedes-Benz Citaro: a milestone in bus history.
“The Citaro is a milestone in bus history. And with the arrival of the eCitaro, its development has entered a new phase. It is our answer to the need for quiet and locally emission-free urban buses. As a result, it is also making towns a much better place to live.”